Friday, February 12, 2010

Note from other team mom

Good afternoon parents - I'm looking forward to watching our boys play
together this year and to some fun sideline camaraderie for all. As
we get the season started here's a few things for you...

1) Roster - I've attached a preliminary roster. Please review your
information and send me a note back with any changes and/or
additions. There are a few holes that I would love to complete such
as parents names and cell phones for both parents. Also, if you want
e-mails to be sent to both parents, please send me the other address
and I will add to the distribution list. Please don't fill in my
spreadsheet, but just return the information in the body of your e-mail.

The roster has four tabs at the bottom which are self explanatory.
Schedule is on the last tab. I will print the pocket rosters once our
roster is finalized and laminate them for you to have at the games.
It's a great way to remember the kids and offer all of them some
personal cheers. On that note, if your child goes by a different name
than what I have listed, please update me on that as well.

2) Just to give you a head's up, I'm a believer in too much
information vs. too little. I will typically send out practice
reminders each week as well as a game reminder with field locations,
volunteers spots, uniform, time, etc., so don't add that 2nd e-mail if
you don't want to hear from me often:)

3) As in the past we will be needing time keepers and scorekeepers
for each game. I will be going down the roster and assigning those in
order once the roster is finalized. If there is a specific game that
you will not be available, please let me know as soon as possible, so
I can alter the schedule. Only one parent needs to be available when
you are assigned, it does not assume both of you will be there,
however if you can both be at a game that would be great. With 15
games each family will have to volunteer at least once with some
repeats. So if both parents can do one game, please let me know.

4) Site Coordinator - We need one parent to volunteer for this
position. We haven't had the team manager meeting yet, so I could be
forgetting something, but what I remember is the site coordinator is
responsible for such things as:
a) Making sure the timekeeper/scorekeeper table is set up at each
home game
b) Paying the refs at each home/away game (money provided by league)
c) Making sure horn, timer, etc are at table
d) Making sure extra balls are at end fields
e) Putting away tables and collecting items as noted above

5) Even if you don't have changes to the above, please respond to this
e-mail with a simple "got it" so that I know that the current
addresses in my distribution list are correct.

Thanks so much and here's to a great 2010 Spring LAX season!

Denise Green

No comments:

Post a Comment